Tuesday, August 20, 2019

How Time Can Change So Much

It has been almost 3 years since posting or even being on this blog. Since then, I have been married, received my Bachelor's degree, and have become an expectant mother. Of course learning that I'm going to be a mother of a beautiful child has prompted me to blog again in the hopes I can manage the incessant thoughts that plague me. Before writing, I decided to read through my past posts and I was dying! I was so pleasantly surprised at my own self and how entertaining I was! (At least to me... Not that anyone else reads this). I loved seeing the world through my teenaged eyes again. I whined about things I knew were complete nonsense. I didn't feel like I needed to change the world; I was content! And that made me laugh and feel so light-hearted again. I worry I've lost my sense of humor and ability to see the world as beautiful and funny. But maybe that's part of growing up. But I hope my children can bring that innocence and carelessness back into me to a degree that I can avoid wrinkles caused by the constant furrowing of my brow. I sound so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment